ROWONTARIO recognizes that for an athlete to excel both academically and in the sport of rowing during their high school career, that athlete must possess the same characteristics that will see them excel in life.
ROWONTARIO also recognizes the financial burden placed on those athletes who want to continue their rowing and academic careers at an Ontario university. ROWONTARIO believes it is very important to support those athletes who continue to excel academically and athletically in as many ways as possible.
With this in mind, ROWONTARIO created the ROWONTARIO Bursary Award. In 2017, ROWONTARIO will present up to $5000 to a deserving applicant (or applicants) who meet(s) the eligibility criteria below.
1. Achieved an overall average of 80% or higher as a full time high school student in the 2016/17 academic year. (Special consideration may be given to those who have a recognized learning disability and can provide supporting documentation confirming the diagnosis of a recognized learning disability.)
2. Must have been registered with ROWONTARIO as a competitive rower through an Ontario rowing club in the summer of 2017.
3. Must have competed in the 2017 ROWONTARIO Rowing Championships Regatta
4. Must be registered as a Full-Time student at an Ontario university with a rowing program in September 2017 and must have tried out for the University rowing program as a Jr. Varsity or Varsity rower.
1. Applicant must submit this completed online application form and all required supporting documentation must be uploaded through the online system by 11:59pm EDT Wednesday November 1, 2017.
2. All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
3. Award winner will be presented with their award at ROWONTARIO’s
Annual Training Conference (November 25, 2017).
ROWONTARIO is very pleased to offer this award program to support athlete development in the Province of Ontario.
Nominations close November 1, 2017.