TO ALL ONTARIO UMPIRES;
Serving on the jury for National Regattas is an amazing experience and it is fun! Deadline to apply for the 2018 regattas is this Friday, December 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. This year you can apply for:
- Royal Canadian Henley Regatta (Henley): St. Catharines,ON – August 7-12
- Canadian University Rowing Championships (CURC): TBC butpossibly Montreal, QC or Welland, ON – November 2-4
- National Rowing Championships (NRCs) and Canada Cup in Burnaby, BC – November 8 -11
- Masters’ Champs: This regatta is under review by RCA and won’t be held in 2018
Re Henley – a few changes for this year for supported umpires –
- Instead of committing for the whole 6 days, you only need to commit for 3 days – either Aug 7-9 or 10-12
- You should live outside a 75k (46 mile) radius of St Catharines, ON
- We are encouragingnew umpires, those licensed for six or less years to apply, but will not limit those selected to that group – we need experience too!
To be considered for a National Jury, Ontario Umpires must be in good standing with ROWONTARIO and Rowing Canada Aviron. Eligible umpires are invited to apply for one or more of the above listed Juries, as a Member of the Jury, or Assistant Chief Umpire(ACU), or Chief Umpire(CU).
To be considered for an Assistant Chief Umpire or Chief Umpire position, candidates must meet the criteria outlined in the Rowing Canada Aviron Criteria for Appointment as Chief Umpire and Assistant Chief Umpire for National Regattas and Canada Games – Jeux du Canada.
The ROWONTARIO Umpire Selection Committee will follow the RCA and ROWONTARIO Criteria for selection of umpires.
To be considered for selection, umpires must submit a completed in full
2018 National Events Jury Form through email by 11:59pm ET on Friday, December 1st, 2017. Only applications sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org by the above deadline will be considered by the ROWONTARIO Umpire Selection Committee.
All Umpires selected for the 2018 National Regatta Juries will be advised by Rowing Canada Aviron by February 28, 2018.
Questions regarding the ROWONTARIO nomination process can be directed to Ereka Roach via email to email@example.com.
National Jury Selection Documents
- 2018 National Events Jury Form – English
- 2018 National Events Jury Form – French
- Rowing Canada Aviron Criteria for Appointment as Chief Umpire and Assistant Chief Umpire for National Regattas and Canada Games – Jeux du Canada
- ROWONTARIO Principles for Nomination to National Juries
- Jury Support Program – National Regattas
- Jury Support Program – Royal Canadian Henley Regatta