2018 ROWONTARIO Umpire Training Conference
Argonaut Rowing Club, 1225 Lake Shore Blvd W, Toronto, ON
February 10, 2018; 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Free Parking! (Imagine! In Toronto! Not paying for parking!)
ROWONTARIO is pleased to announce the details of the ROWONTARIO Umpires Training Conference. At the day-long conference, you will have an opportunity to learn:
- Fresh from the January 2018 RCA Semi-Annual Meeting approval of the 2018 Rules of Racing, what is new, what has changed, and what you need to know –how these Rules changes will affect your umpiring
- Objections – how to respond to an objection, who to advise, and what should go into your written observations
- Scenarios – Protests and Boat Positioning – discuss with your fellow Umpires, experiences that you have had, plus some real-time protests. Discuss options such as how to deal with incidents as they arise, the ramifications of stopping a race in the middle of the course, etc. Work through scenarios in discussion with others.
- Update on the RCA Umpire Education system – new position of Level 1 Assistant and L1 Associate. New RCA Policy on Umpire Licensing.
- New ROWONTARIO requirements re: registration
Cost: $55 + HST per person. Click here to go to the registration page.
Registration Assistance: please contact Member Relations Manager, Ereka Roach, at 416-759-8405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.