An employee’s motivation is a direct result of the sum of interactions with his or her manager.
Dr. Bob Nelson
The end of the season is not as far away as you may think! Now is the time to think ahead! First to close this season properly with recognition of the staff and volunteer team who makes it all possible!
Here’s some ideas for meaningful ways to thank those who have made a difference.
- Thank You Card – Simple but meaningful! Acknowledge specific things they did and results.
- Gift Certificates –Who doesn’t love a gift card? Select something that fits the person.
- Picture and frame –Print a picture of the group or club and have participants sign the mat.
- Club Gear – I still have a mug from the club I lifeguarded for 27 summers ago!
- Testimonials from members or participants impacted by their work. Ask for feedback and share a collection of positive comments.
Bottom Line: Get to know the staff and volunteers to make the recognition meaningful and be specific about what great things they have done to help make the club successful.
COAST STANDARD OF THE MONTH
Are your club Bylaws reviewed regularly? Do you follow your Bylaws as the guide they are for how your club should govern? Pull out your Bylaws, check when they were last reviewed and if it has been more than 3 years make a plan to go over them. We can help with the review process and making suggestions to help you prevent future concerns.
Follow @COAST_ONT on Twitter. If you have a suggestion for topics for upcoming newsletters, webinars, resources or conference workshops – please send me an email email@example.com