Coach Developers are a critical part of the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP) and play an important role in the certification process for rowing coaches across the province. A ‘Coach Developer’ is an umbrella term used to refer to Learning Facilitators, Evaluators, and Master Coach Developers (MCDs). ROWONTARIO is currently looking for suitable candidates for Learning Facilitators and Evaluators to expand our capacity of coach certification within the province.
All Coach Developers must follow the same 5 step pathway for each of the roles and contexts they interested in pursuing.
- Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Online Evaluation – available online under the ‘eLearning’ tab of your Locker profile
- Core Training – content delivered to all Learning Facilitators, Evaluators, and Master Coach Developers across all sports. Differs from role to role but not course to course.
- Content Specific Training – information regarding the curriculum of the course they are looking to facilitate or evaluation they are looking to administer.
- Co-Delivery – Facilitation or evaluation done in partnership with an experienced LF or evaluator for each context.
- Evaluation – Assessment by a Master Coach Developer on the abilities of an LF or Evaluator in a specific context.
Learning Facilitators are responsible for the delivery of the course content in each particular context and are the “front line” of coach education. It is expected that a ROWONTARIO Learning Facilitator will be available to facilitate 2-3 courses each year. At this time, in order to be eligible the candidate MUST be available March 25, 2018 for core training in Toronto.
Evaluators are responsible for the final step of a coaches pathway to certification – evaluation. This requires reviewing the coaches portfolio and completing a direct observation evaluation of them coaching. It is expected that a ROWONTARIO Coach Evaluator will be available to facilitate 5-6 evaluations each year. At this time, in order to be eligible the candidate MUST be available March 24, 2018 for core training in Toronto.
If you believe you are a suitable candidate for either the Learning Facilitator (LF) role, Evaluator role, or both, please fill out the corresponding application form(s) below. Upon review of your application and NCCP transcript, ROWONTARIO will be in touch regarding next steps.
Current deadline is FEBRUARY 23, 2018.