Each year, ROWONTARIO works with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport to provide recognized athletes with support from the Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP).
This funding is targeted to athletes who meet performance standards and other selection criteria developed by ROWONTARIO and approved by the Ministry. The purpose of this funding is to provide financial support to identified athletes who are on the High Performance athlete pathway working towards National Team representation.
The Quest for Gold Program was established to provide additional support to athletes from Ontario and to increase the performance and number of Ontario athletes competing at the highest national and international levels, thereby contributing to the improved performance of Canada at international competitions.
Specific objectives of the program are to:
- Help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- Encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- Compensate athletes for earnings lost while training;
- Enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- Increase athlete access to high performance coaching; and
- Enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
More information will become available once the 2016/2017 funding criteria has been approved.
For questions, please contact Derek Ventnor at firstname.lastname@example.org