JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ROWONTARIO is currently accepting applications for Board of Director vacancies beginning in the fall, 2016.
ROWONTARIO is a non-profit organization that governs and promotes the sport of rowing at all levels in the Province of Ontario. ROWONTARIO’s mission is to enhance rowing participation and excellence through implementation of the FUNdamentals to Active for Life stages of the Canadian Sport for Life (Long-Term Athlete Development) (CS4L/LTAD) model.
With a staff of ten, ROWONTARIO provides assistance to its Member Clubs/Associations by encouraging and developing competitive and recreational rowing for the benefit of clubs, athletes, coaches, umpires and volunteers, and by expanding the scope of rowing activities.
ROWONTARIO also represents Ontario rowing with the national rowing organization, Rowing Canada Aviron (“RCA”), and provides input and advice on behalf of its Member Clubs on governance and policies of RCA.
ROWONTARIO is seeking passionate, dedicated and committed Directors to work with other Board Members to achieve ROWONTARIO’s mission and participate in making policy decisions and advancing ROWONTARIO’s strategic plan. ROWONTARIO’s Board is structured as a governance board and operates within a number of Board Committees, with each Director participating on at least one Board Committee. For more information on ROWONTARIO’s Board please find attached the 2016 ROWONTARIO Board Information Package or please visit our website at www.rowontario.ca.
Qualifications and Requirements:
ROWONTARIO is inviting individuals with the following skills and capabilities to submit their CV’s and letters of interest:
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors:
- Legal (LLB designation)
- Personnel Management/Human Resource Professionals
- Private and Public Fundraising/Donor Fundraising, Marketing, Sponsorship
- Government Relations (municipal, provincial or national levels)
- Knowledgeable about board governance
- Preferably some experience with non-profit organizations
- Committed to attending board meetings, the AGM (last weekend in November) and Training Conference weekend, ROWONTARIO Championship regattas (last weekend in July), and participating on at least one Board Committee
For more detail regarding ROWONTARIO’s Board of Directors, including composition and time commitment, please click HERE
To Apply: Submit your CV and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2016.
Only applications provided electronically will be accepted.
We thank everyone that applies. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ROWONTARIO 2016 Nominating Committee