With the 2017 Canada Summer Games steadily approaching, ROWONTARIO is working with clubs, coaches, and athletes to help increase their skill level and preparation for Games selection and performance.
ROWONTARIO will be holding a Canada Games Development Camp directly following the Canadian Royal Henley Regatta (August 10-12, 2015) in St Catharines. The camp will focus on skill development and fun in sculling with singles, and also include outings in 8+ shells.
- This camp is selected open to Canada Summer Games 2017 eligible athletes who are born in 1997 or later
- Invitations to the camp will be based on athletes’ RADAR and club ergometer scores
- Athletes that have not submitted scores must be submit their 2k score to Mike Purcer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 19, 2015
- Coaches of selected athletes are encouraged to participate in the camp
Date: August 10-12, 2015
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Cost: Free to attend for qualified athletes and their coaches
Accommodations: Athletes and coaches must make their own arrangements for accommodations
Equipment: Equipment will be provided. Athletes who wish to do so may bring their own shells and oars
Coach: Mike Purcer will be the lead coach during this camp, with the active participation of club coaches where appropriate
Please note that while we will make every effort to ensure that all eligible athletes are able to attend, there are limited spots available at this camp.
Athletes and coaches will benefit from the following
- Two on-water outings per day
- Daily technical presentations on various topics, including: technique, blade work and training categories review
- Opportunity to work alongside top athletes and coaches from across Ontario
- Technical analysis with each athlete to evaluate skills and possible focus to improve style/efficiency
- Individualized rigging (technical and mechanical) analysis, with the opportunity for coaches to learn and discuss different rigging techniques for different athletes
- Networking opportunities to discuss rowing topics with fellow coaches and athletes, such as: dynamic warm ups, training plans, practice plans, tapering, power development, etc.
- Daily debriefs with both the athletes and the coaches
- Additionally, coaches will have the opportunity to join Mike Purcer in the coach boat to observe as he works with camp athletes.
Expressions of Interest
- Athletes interested in attending can submit their 2k ergometer scores to Mike Purcer (email@example.com) by July 19, 2015 for consideration into the camp
- Final invitations will be extended to selected athletes on July 24, 2015