Sport Development Coordinator
Reporting to the Sport Development Manager, the Sport Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating the Coach Development program, providing administrative support for our competitions as well as providing logistical support to the HP Manager. The Sport Development Coordinator will work closely with the Sport Development Manager to ensure that deliverables in each of the portfolios are delivered in a timely manner and at the direction of the Manager will continuously look for new and innovative ways to improve the administration and operational processes for all portfolios.
The individual will maintain a strong working relationship with other members of the staff, external stakeholders, and program volunteers. Furthermore, the individual will demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent customer service to all of ROWONTARIO’s stakeholders.
- Coordinate the delivery and timely execution of all administrative functions of the ROWONTARIO Coach Development portfolio
- Coordinate the delivery and timely execution of all administrative functions of the ROWONTARIO competitions portfolio
- Assess customer needs and address issues in a timely manner, meeting monitored productivity and quality objectives
- Contribute to maintaining a positive, friendly and motivated environment within the ROWONTARIO team while adapting to changing business needs
- Continuously improve all necessary operational processes related to the technical programs, make policy recommendation to the Manager accordingly.
- Coordinate logistics for committee meetings as requested
- Contribute to the achievement of department objectives by meeting or exceeding individual KPIs
We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications and competencies:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Sport or Recreation Management, Business Management or related field of study
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with specific deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and experience in learning new software programs quickly and efficiently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of the sport of rowing is an asset
- Experience with online education platforms is an asset
- Experience working or volunteering in a sport environment
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes that reflect ROWONTARIO’s organizational values:
|Excellence||Provide Nation-leading programming and service delivery achieving excellence.|
|Innovation||Embrace creativity, diversity and flexibility to continuously improve for the benefit of the athletes and the Ontario rowing community|
|Integrity||Are respectful, transparent, inclusive, honest and accountable to our members, participants, partners and staff.|
|Leadership||Represent our members and provide guidance and support that sets the direction for rowing in the province and the country.|
To Apply (in confidence)
Position Title: Sport Development Coordinator
Pay Level: $37,000 – $45,000 plus employee benefits as per ROWONTARIO policy
Provincial Office: 206 – 19 Waterman Ave, Toronto, Ontario M4B 1Y2
Position advertising date: Wednesday October 25, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday November 10, 2017 (Position will remain open until filled)
Anticipated Start Date: Monday December 4, 2017
Requirements for applying
- Cover letter
Please forward your cover letter, resume– in one document via email prior to Friday November 10, 2017, by 4:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROWONTARIO is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We will work with you to accommodate your needs in line with the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation through the application or interview processes, or any stage of the recruitment process, please contact ROWONTARIO directly at email@example.com or 416-759-8405.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. ROWONTARIO is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. ROWONTARIO welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all those that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.