Row Ontario’s annual awards program recognizes and honours the outstanding contributions and individual achievements of clubs, athletes, coaches, umpires and volunteers in the sport of rowing in Ontario.
On an annual basis, Row Ontario will determine award winners for the following awards:
- Chair’s Award
- Claude Saunders Award
- Club of the Year
- Athlete of the Year
- Competitive Coach of the Year
- Recreational/Learn to Row Coach of the Year
- High School Bursary Award (Male and Female)
- Umpire of the Year Award
- Umpire Lifetime Achievement Award
- Performance of the Year Award (*New in 2022)
- Long Service Awards
- Volunteer Certificates
All award winners must be members in good standing with an Ontario-based rowing club. Even though these are annual awards, Row Ontario is under no obligation to distribute each award each year.
Row Ontario will circulate among the Ontario rowing community an annual call for Award nominations for those awards that nominees are sought. Candidates must be nominated by an Ontario member club, a Row Ontario Board of Director/ Staff/ Committee representative and/or other rowing stakeholder. Self-nominations are permitted. Nominations are permitted in the following categories:
- Claude Saunders Award – Nomination Form
- Athlete of the Year – Nomination Form
- Competitive Coach of the Year – Nomination Form
- Recreational/Learn to Row Coach of the Year – Nomination Form
- High School Bursary Award – Nomination Form
- Performance of the Year – Nomination Form
Prior to submitting a nomination form, please review the below Awards Policy. A candidate’s worthiness for an Award will be judged based off the criteria in the Awards Policy and the nomination form should speak to the criteria listed in the Awards Policy:
The deadline for submissions for the 2022 Awards is Jan. 6, 2023. Any questions regarding the Row Ontario Hall of Fame can be directed to Communications and Community Engagement Manager Frank Christie at email@example.com.