Call for Umpires
Once you become a Level 1 Assistant Umpire, you will be added to the official list of RCA Umpires in Ontario and should start to receive calls for umpires for upcoming sanctioned regattas.
A Call for Umpires will come in one of two ways:
- From the Chief Umpire directly. You may be contacted by a Chief Umpire and/or connected to a Chief Umpire directly by your Row Ontario mentor.
- From the Row Ontario office. If requested by the Chief Umpire, Row Ontario will send a Call for Umpires from email@example.com to the most up-to-date list of registered umpires in Ontario.
Request a call for Umpires from Ontario
If you are the Chief Umpire at an upcoming sanctioned event and would like Row Ontario to send a Call for Umpires to the most up-to-date list of registered umpires in Ontario, please send all event details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Call for Umpires: (Event Name). Please include all relevant details, including:
- Regatta date and location
- Shift times
- Expense details (e.g., which expenses will be covered by the LOC and at what rate)
- Any other relevant information an umpire will need when determining their availability
As a reminder, only registered umpires who are compliant with Rowan’s Law are eligible to umpire at sanctioned events in Ontario.