Coach Certification Requirements
Row Ontario’s Coach Certification Policy came into effect on April 1st, 2019 and requires that “Only NCCP certified coaches or those working towards certification (as per the timelines listed within the policy document) will coach at Member Clubs.” The policy reflects Row Ontario’s commitment to ensuring every athlete has access to a certified coach that has completed sport-specific training, as well as safety and ethics training.
- Row Ontario Coach Certification Policy
- Prior to Coaching Requirements – Rationale
- Coach Certification FAQ’s
- Letter to Club President’s (July 2019)
- Row Ontario Coach Certification Policy vs. RCA ‘Every Coach Certified’ Strategy
Quarterly Coach Certification Reports
Each quarter (July, October, January, April) Row Ontario uploads a Quarterly Coach Certification Monitoring Report to the Coach Education Database for each coach registered with a Member Club. Row Ontario also sends a Club Compliance Summary to each Member Club’s President and primary Coaching Contact, listing which registered coaches are compliant to coach in each context.