Date(s) - 01/04/2019 - 31/03/2020
Please complete the form below to request a Direct Observation Evaluation to complete your NCCP coach certification.
BEFORE requesting an evaluation, please ensure the following:
- You have completed the required NCCP Workshop(s), including all RCA pre-requisites;
- You are registered as an active coach with a ROWONTARIO member club;
- You have completed your portfolio and uploaded it to the Coach Education Database;
- You have completed the MED online evaluation.
What to expect from a Direct Observation Evaluation:
- ROWONTARIO will connect you with an NCCP Coach Evaluator (CE) that matches your NCCP context (LTR or RCA Coach), location, and any specific requirements you have identified.
- Your CE will review your portfolio before scheduling your evaluation. A Direct Observation Evaluation will not be scheduled until the portfolio earns a mark of “Meets Standards”. If your portfolio needs improvement, your CE will send it back to you with feedback. You are not required to schedule and pay for a new evaluation; you will work directly with your CE until the portfolio meets the standards outlined by RCA.
- You will work with your CE to arrange the Direct Observation Evaluation. Your CE will have a pre-brief you about the evaluation so you know what to expect.
- Your CE will join you at your home club (or at a mutually-agreed upon location) to observe you in action. In the debrief, your CE will provide feedback, answer questions, and discuss next steps.
- Your CE will complete your evaluation form in a timely fashion and report the results to ROWONTARIO, who will then update your status in the Locker.
- If your CE deems it necessary to work together more to meet the standards (e.g., redoing some or all of the evaluation) they will work with you and ROWONTARIO to determine the best course of action.
The Direct Observation Evaluation is not intended to be a negative experience with a pass/fail approach. ROWONTARIO is fortunate to have a team of exceptional CEs who are interested in collaboration and mentorship, and in ensuring the evaluation is a valuable learning experience.
***Receive 60% of your course fee OR 70% for workshop and evaluation fee back through Quest for Gold! CLICK HERE to apply for a Coach Bursary.***
If you have completed your NCCP training in the last 12 months and are looking to complete your evaluation, you may be eligible for a $50 discount on your evaluation fee. Please contact Shelby Harding, Operations Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a discount code.
FROM THE LIST BELOW, PLEASE SELECT WHICH EVALUATION YOU ARE REQUESTING.