Date(s) - 15/03/2017 - 31/12/2017
Categories No Categories
Coach Evaluation reflects the Coaching Association of Canada’s performance based requirements and is the last step in the certification process.
To request a Coach Evaluation the coach must have completed all the requirements for certification:
• The coach must be a member of an Ontario Rowing Club and have a RCA and NCCP number.
• The coach must have completed the LTR Workshop (credited as completed in the NCCP Locker).
• The coach must have completed the NCCP on-line Make Ethical Decisions Evaluation.
• The Coach must have a complete Portfolio that includes:
• PDF copy of Pleasure Craft Operators Card
• PDF copy of Emergency Action Plan
• PDF copy of a LTR Lesson Plan
Once all the above requirements have been completed follow the below steps:
1) Upload your portfolio PDF files in the form below.
2) Register below and pay the $150 + HST ($169.50) fee.
3) Your portfolio will be reviewed and a Coach Evaluator will contact you to schedule an on-water Coach Evaluation.
4) The Coach Evaluation process is as follows:
a. The Coach Evaluator will meet with you to pre-brief the evaluation (typically 30 min.).
b. The Coach Evaluator will monitor you practice including on-land preparation, on-water practice and post practice wrap-up (typically 30-60 min.).
c. The Coach Evaluator will meet with you for a debrief your evaluation following the practice as well as assist you in developing a Learning Plan (typically 60 min.).
5) If successful, the Coach Evaluator will ensure that your evaluation and portfolio documents are submitted and that you receive credit in the NCCP Locker for the Coach Evaluation.
6) If unsuccessful, the Coach Evaluator will explain the sections of your evaluation that Need Improvement and you can contact ROWONTARIO to be re-evaluated once you feel you have mastered the required task(s).