RCA Coach Weekend #1Starts20Feb ’21
Event Dates Feb 20 - Feb 27, 2021
Start Time 09:00 AM
Host Row Ontario
Important: Row Ontario has partnered with the Coaches Association of Ontario to run this virtual workshop at a super discounted rate during their NCCP Virtual Super Clinic!
Coaches must have all prerequisites completed at time of registration to be accepted and must attend all three dates to take advantage of the super discounted rate. The rate cannot be applied to future make-up dates; coaches will need to pay full price for any future sessions.
Workshop details: In the RCA Coach context, coaches are guided through course curriculum and practical exercises focused on coaching athletes in a competitive context. RCA Coach is appropriate for coaches working with athletes in the Train to Train and Learn to Compete stage of the Athlete Development Pathway.
The knowledge, skills, experience, behaviour and attitude of an RCA Coach directly contribute to the athletes’:
- Skill acquisition and development / proper rowing technique
- Preparation and readiness for competition
- Level of enjoyment
- Level of confidence
- Identification with the sport of rowing and loyalty to the sport in the long-term
Getting athletes off on the right foot by guiding them through stage-by-stage progressions in technical, tactical, psychological, physical and lifestyle skills is critical to their long-term participation in the sport, whether they be junior, young adult, or masters-aged rowers.
The Virtual RCA Coach Weekend #1 includes online curriculum facilitated by a trained NCCP Learning Facilitator as well as independent work in the following modules:
- Making Ethical Decisions (Review)
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Analyze Performance – Technique
- Analyze Performance – Rigging
- Design a Sport Program – Categories of Intensity
- Movement Screen
- Support Athletes in Training
- Support the Competitive Experience – Rules of Racing and LTAD
Upon completion of RCA Weekend #1 (including prerequisites), coaches will be considered “In Training”. After applying the concepts learned in Weekend #1 by actively coaching for a recommended six months, coaches will complete RCA Weekend #2 to achieve “Trained” status in preparation for evaluation and certification as an RCA Coach.
- Open to Ontario coaches only (maximum: 12 participants)
- Register in The Locker
- Complete the RCA e-learning module “Rowing Essentials”*
- Complete the NCCP Making Ethical Decisions workshop, including the Evaluation*
- Complete the NCCP “Coaching Initiation in Sport” eLearning module*
*Available in the eLearning tab in your Locker profile.
All prerequisites must be complete prior to registration. Your registration will be canceled and refunded if prerequisites are not complete at the time of registration.
Learning Facilitators: Paul Beedling & Scott Anderson
- Saturday February 20th 9am – 1pm
- Wednesday February 24th 5pm – 9pm
- Saturday February 27th 9am – 1pm
*Coaches must attend all three sessions to receive workshop credit.
Location: Zoom (A link will be emailed to you when registration is accepted)
Cost: $15 + HST
Course registration closes at 2:00 pm on Friday, Feb. 12 or when the capacity of 12 participants is reached.
For more information, please contact Sport Development Manager, Andrea Miller (email@example.com) or by telephone 289-778-0750 ext. 2