Date(s) - 23/03/2018 - 25/03/2018
University of Western Ontario
Before completing the form below, please log in here.
In the RCA Coach stream, coaches are guided through course curriculum and practical exercises focused on coaching beginner and intermediate rowers in their first years of competition.
The knowledge, skills, experience, behaviour and attitude of an RCA Coach directly contribute to:
- Skill acquisition and development / proper rowing technique
- Athlete’s preparation and readiness for competition
- Safety of the athlete
- Athlete’s level of enjoyment
- Athlete’s level of confidence
- Athlete’s identification with the sport of rowing and loyalty to the sport in the long-term
Getting athletes off on the right foot by guiding them through stage-by-stage progressions in technical, tactical, psychological, physical and lifestyle skills is critical to their long-term participation in the sport, be in junior, young adult, or masters rowers.
RCA Coach Weekend #1 includes classroom curriculum facilitated by a trained RCA Coach Developer, as well as practical, hands-on experience in the following modules:
- Competition Review
- Make Ethical Decisions
- Rules of Racing
- Safety and EAP
- Skill Acquisition & Physical Abilities
- Analyze Performance – Technique
- Analyze Performance – Rigging
- Design a Sport Program – Part 1
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Rowing Movement Screen
Upon completion of RCA Weekend #1, coaches will be considered “In Training”. After applying the concepts learned in Weekend #1 by actively coaching for several months, coaches are encouraged to complete RCA Weekend #2 to achieve “Trained” status in preparation for evaluation and certification as an RCA Coach.
Before You Register:
- Create an account and register with RCA as a coach
- Register in The Locker
- Obtain/Verify Pleasure Craft Operator Card and email to: email@example.com
Friday, March 23, 2018: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, March 24, 2018: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, March 25, 2018: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Cost: $200 + HST
Course registration closes at 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
For more information, please contact Operations Coordinator, Shelby Harding, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with website registration, please email email@example.com.
Receive 60% of your course fee OR 70% for workshop and evaluation fee back through Quest for Gold! CLICK HERE to apply for a Coach Bursary.
Bookings are closed for this event.