Date(s) - 07/09/2019 - 08/09/2019
Before completing the form below, please log in here.
This is a GUARANTEED workshop – there is no risk of cancellation due to low registration numbers.
In the RCA Coach stream, coaches are guided through course curriculum and practical exercises focused on coaching athletes in a competitive context. RCA Coach is appropriate for coaches working with athletes in the Train to Train and Learn to Compete stage of the Athlete Development Pathway.
The knowledge, skills, experience, behaviour and attitude of an RCA Coach directly contribute to the athletes’:
- Skill acquisition and development / proper rowing technique
- Preparation and readiness for competition
- Level of enjoyment
- Level of confidence
- Identification with the sport of rowing and loyalty to the sport in the long-term
Getting athletes off on the right foot by guiding them through stage-by-stage progressions in technical, tactical, psychological, physical and lifestyle skills is critical to their long-term participation in the sport, whether they be junior, young adult, or masters-aged rowers.
RCA Coach Weekend #2 includes classroom curriculum facilitated by a trained NCCP Learning Facilitator, as well as practical experience in the following modules:
- Analyze Performance – Technique
- Support the Athlete in Training – Teaching and Learning
- Analyze Performance – Equipment
- Analyze Performance – Testing and Monitoring
- Design a Sport Program
- Movement Screen and Strength Training
- Analyze Race Performance
- Support the Competitive Experience
Upon completion of RCA Weekend #2, coaches will be considered “Trained”. After applying the concepts learned, coaches are will complete their coach portfolio and be observed by a trained NCCP Coach Evaluator to become “Certified”.
Before You Register:
Note: It is each coach’s responsibility to ensure the course pre-requisites are completed. A coach may attend an NCCP Workshop without having completed the prerequisites, all pre-requisites must be completed in order to receive “Trained” status in the NCCP Locker. ROWONTARIO strongly encourages coaches to complete all pre-requisites prior to taking the workshop, not only to receive credit in the NCCP Locker but also to maximize your experience in the workshop.
- Complete RCA Weekend #1
- Actively coach after completing RCA Weekend #1 before registering for RCA Weekend #2 (RCA recommends 6 months+ of active coaching between workshops)
- Upload your Weekend #1 Assignment to your Coach Education Database profile
September 7 & 8, 2019– exact time TBC
Cost: $150 + HST
Course registration closes at 2:00 pm on September 2nd, 2019.
For more information, please contact Operations Coordinator, Shelby Harding, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with website registration, please email email@example.com.
Receive 60% of your course fee OR 70% for workshop and evaluation fee back through Quest for Gold! CLICK HERE to apply for a Coach Bursary.