Host a Coaching Workshop
Row Ontario works with our member clubs across the province to host National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) workshops. The NCCP has been identified as a world leader in coach education and their workshops are designed for all types of coaches at every level. Row Ontario, in partnership with Rowing Canada Aviron, is proud to support coach education and professional development by delivering NCCP workshops via our exceptional group of trained and experienced coach developers.
Row Ontario strives to schedule NCCP workshops, including Learn-to-Row Coach, RCA Coach Weekend #1, RCA Coach Weekend #2, and the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions module, based on demand across the province. Hosting a workshop at your club is a great way to provide a convenient option for your coaches interested in obtaining or enhancing their coach education.
What is required as an NCCP Workshop Host?
- Rowing shells, indoor equipment pieces, and safety equipment in good working order.
- Resources available to do quick repairs – a screwdriver, screws, etc.
- Classroom and desk/table space for approximately 25 people for the duration of the clinic. This must be available the full clinic time even if the schedule is altered by weather. Space must have electricity and WiFi for the Learning Facilitator.
- Technical audio and visual equipment including projector, screen, and speakers with laptop hookup capabilities – either on site or the ability to provide from elsewhere.
- An up to date Emergency Action Plan posted in a visible location. First aid kits must also be accessible at all times.
- The Host Lead should be available on site throughout the clinic. The Host Lead must communicate any general rules and procedures specific to the club.