Host A Coaching Workshop
Row Ontario works with our member clubs across the province to host National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) workshops. The NCCP has been identified as a world leader in coach education and their workshops are designed for all types of coaches at every level. Row Ontario, in partnership with RCA, is proud to support coach education and professional development by delivering NCCP workshops via our exceptional group of trained and experienced coach developers.
What is required as an NCCP Workshop Host?
- Rowing shells, indoor equipment pieces, and safety equipment in good working order. Resources available to do quick repairs (e.g. screwdriver etc.).
- Classroom and desk/table space for approximately 25 people for entire clinic, must be available the full clinic time as schedule may be altered by weather. Space must have electricity and WiFi for the LF.
- Technical A/V equipment including projector, screen, and speakers with laptop hookup capabilities – either on site or the ability to provide from elsewhere.
- An up to date Emergency Action Plan posted in a visible location. First Aid kits accessible at all times.
- The Host Lead should be available on site throughout the clinic. Host Lead must communicate any general rules and procedures specific to the club.
Row Ontario offers two hosting models:
|Row Ontario-Led Hosting Model||Club-Led Hosting Model|
|Cost to Club||$0||Learn to Row – $800 + $25/participant / RCA Coach – $1000 + $25/participant|
|Cost to Participant||Learn to Row – $100 / RCA Coach – $150||TBD by Host Club|
|Registration & Fee Collection||Row Ontario||Club. Row Ontario will promote workshop via it’s usual channels if host club will include external participants|