ROWONTARIO is currently accepting applications for Board of Director vacancies beginning in the fall, 2018.
ROWONTARIO is a non-profit organization that governs and promotes the sport of rowing at all levels in the Province of Ontario. ROWONTARIO’s vision is to be a national leader in providing rowing programs and governance services that support members to achieve organizational and individual excellence. ROWONTARIO’s mission is to promote rowing participation and build excellence through the development and implementation of programs and services for member clubs, athletes and sport supporters.
With a staff of seven, ROWONTARIO provides assistance to its Member Clubs/Associations through system capacity building, athlete program development, coach and umpire development, and providing a competition system aligned with RCA’s Athlete Development Pathway.
ROWONTARIO also represents Ontario rowing with the national rowing organization, Rowing Canada Aviron (“RCA”), and provides input and advice on behalf of its Member Clubs on governance and policies of RCA.
ROWONTARIO is seeking passionate, dedicated and committed Directors to work with other Board Members to achieve ROWONTARIO’s vision and participate in making policy decisions and advancing ROWONTARIO’s strategic plan. ROWONTARIO’s Board is structured as a governance board and operates within a number of Board Committees, with each Director participating on at least one Board Committee. For more information on ROWONTARIO’s Board please find attached the 2018 ROWONTARIO Board Information Package or please visit our website.
Qualifications and Requirements:
ROWONTARIO is inviting individuals with the following skills and capabilities to submit their CV’s and letters of interest:
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors:
- Personnel Management/Human Resource Professionals
- Private and Public Fundraising/Donor Fundraising, Marketing, Sponsorship
- Government Relations (municipal, provincial or national levels)
- Knowledgeable about board governance
- Preferably some experience with non-profit organizations
- Committed to attending board meetings, the AGM (typically the last weekend in November – however is on December 1st, in 2018) and Training Conference weekend, ROWONTARIO Masters and ROWONTARIO Championship regattas (July), and participating on at least one Board Committee
To Apply: Submit your CV and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13, 2018.
Only applications provided electronically will be accepted.
We thank everyone that applies. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ROWONTARIO 2018 Nominating Committee
This document is also available for download: 2018 ROWONTARIO Nominating Committee Board Advertisement