As per ROWONTARIO Bylaw 8.03 (a), Ontario rowing clubs/associations (club) wishing to be a member of ROWONTARIO are required to complete the Club Membership Application (CMA) annually. To be considered a member club for the 2019-2020 membership year, clubs will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have previously been accepted as a member by ROWONTARIO;
- Be in good standing with ROWONTARIO;
- Have no amounts outstanding with ROWONTARIO at the time of CMA submission;
- Have submitted a completed and signed CMA; and
- Pay the annual registration fee.
Membership Application Renewal Process
Membership Year: April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020
Annual Membership Fee: $600.00
Club Membership Application:
- Download the CMA (fillable PDF): Club Membership Application
- Enter your club’s information into the CMA – it is designed for you to enter your information into it directly.
- Save your completed CMA for your club files. Completed applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: ROWONTARIO, 227-19 Waterman Avenue, Toronto, ON M4B 1Y2
- Pay the registration fee. There are multiple methods to pay the registration fee. These can all be found on the CMA.
Club-Based Registered Participants (Athletes, Coaches, Staff, Administrators, Board Members, and Volunteers)
All ROWONTARIO member clubs must ensure that anyone participating at their club is registered in the Rowing Canada Aviron Web Registration System (WRS). This includes athletes, coach, staff, and volunteers. Through WRS, all participants, or their parent/guardian, will sign the Rowing Canada Aviron Informed Consent and Assumption of Risk Agreement. For any club members who have not previously registered in the WRS, they can register on the log in page of the WRS.
All athletes must be registered in an active program associated with their club in WRS.
Clubs must ensure that anyone participating in a non-athlete role at the club also be registered in WRS. These roles include coaches, volunteers, staff, etc. To register these participants, first ensure they have a profile on WRS. Clubs can then, from the club’s main administrative page, add the participants under the appropriate role. Participants are also able to assign a role to their profile under the Register/Join tab when logged in to the WRS.
Please note that any individual participating in more than one role must be registered in each role.
Some role registrations have a fee that accompanies the registration. ROWONTARIO will invoice the clubs directly for these fees. Invoices will be sent at the beginning of each month for the WRS registrations that occurred in the month prior. For the 2019-2020 membership year, clubs will be invoiced the following fees for the applicable registered roles:
- Athlete: $25.00
- Coach: $25.00
ROWONTARIO-Based Registered Participants (Umpires)
To be considered eligible to umpire, all umpires residing in Ontario are required to register with ROWONTARIO. By completing the following steps, umpires will meet the registration requirements for ROWONTARIO:
- Log in to the Rowing Canada Aviron Web Registration System (WRS). If you do not have a log in, please create a profile. Update your profile. Log out.
- Log in to the ROWONTARIO website and pay the applicable annual registration fee* to ROWONTARIO on the payment page.
*2019-2020 Registration Fees: Licensed RCA Umpire: $5.00; Associate or Assistant Umpire: $5.00.
After the registration fee has been received, ROWONTARIO will inform umpires of their eligibility status, add them to the Eligible Ontario Umpires listing, and add them to WRS under the applicable umpire role.
If you have any questions regarding or require assistance with any aspect of the above, please contact email@example.com or 416-759-8405 ext 3.
|Annual Club Membership||$600|
|RCA Licensed Umpire||$5|
|RCA Assistant/Associate Umpire||$5|
For those athletes wishing to compete, a seat fee of $2.25 (including HST) will be applied during registration for the event with Regatta Central.
For further information on ROWONTARIO Membership policies, please visit our policy page.