Para-rowing is sweep rowing or sculling for people with physical disabilities / limitations, including in part, hearing impairment, paraplegia, quadriplegia, blindness, visual impairment, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and spina bifida.
Rowing is a Sport to Be Enjoyed by All
Many different types of disabilities can be accommodated within the same crew allowing for integration among disabilities and ultimately, integration into regular programs within a club.
Clubs with Para-rowing
- St. Catharines Rowing Club, St. Catharines, Ont.
- Sudbury Rowing Club, Sudbury, Ont.
- Argonaut Rowing Club, Toronto, Ont.
- Ottawa Rowing Club, Ottawa, Ont.
- Georgian Bay Rowing Club, Midland, Ont.
- Kingston Rowing Club, Kingston, Ont.