Para rowing is sweep rowing or sculling for people with physical disabilities / limitations, including in part, hearing impairment, paraplegia, quadriplegia, blindness, visual impairment, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and spina bifida. Many different types of disabilities can be accommodated within the same crew allowing for integration among disabilities and ultimately, integration into regular programs within a club.
Clubs with Para Rowing:
- St. Catharines Rowing Club, St. Catharines, Ontario
- Sudbury Rowing Club, Sudbury Ontario
- Argonaut Rowing Club, Toronto, Ontario
- Kitchener-Waterloo Rowing Club, K-W, Ontario
- Ottawa Rowing Club, Ottawa, Ontario
Para Rowing in Canada