The Trillium Chase is a monthly 1x Challenge Series – a single sculler’s ‘Grand Prix’ – organized by ROWONTARIO. Each month, single scullers of all ages will have the opportunity to earn points toward the Trillium Cup, which will be co-awarded to the male and female sculler, regardless of age category, who wins the most points throughout the Series. The technical details can be downloaded here.
Any questions can be addressed to Andrea Miller, Sport Development Manager: email@example.com or 416-759-8405.
Athletes should refer to the Eligibility Criteria for each regatta, as listed in the individual Regatta Information Packages.
To have race results included in the Trillium Chase ranking, athletes must:
- Ontario athletes: be a registered member of a ROWONTARIO member club and registered with ROWONTARIO and RCA;
- Canadian athletes from outside Ontario: Be a registered member of RCA and your Provincial Rowing Association;
- Athletes from outside Canada: Be a registered member of your national rowing association (e.g., USROWING).
- Row a 1x!
- The Trillium Chase 1x Challenge series is a 1x only event.
- ROWONTARIO is not responsible for providing or transporting boats for athletes.
Athletes can Challenge the Chase! at any point in the season. Athletes are not required to participate in every Trillium Chase event; once registered, all 1x results at participating regattas will be applied to an athletes’ points total (please refer to the POINTS TOTAL section for more information).
There are no weight categories or age handicaps in the Trillium Chase 1x Challenge Series. Female and Male athletes will be ranked separately within each category as separate events.
Categories (Age as of December 31, 2018):
Athletes will be awarded points based on their category, as defined above, not based on the event entered.
Points are awarded based on the fastest time in that category, based on the parameters outlined in this regatta package for each individual regatta.
An athlete’s point total and standing, within his/her category as well as overall standings, will be updated after each event in the Series and published on the Leaderboards.
All medals and awards will be presented at the ROWONTARIO Awards Ceremony, which will be held as part of the ROWONTARIO Training Conference.
- A gold medal will be awarded in each category to the athlete who has earned the most points throughout the Trillium Chase 1x Challenge Series.
- The Trillium Cup will be co-awarded to the male and female athlete who earn the most points overall, regardless of category.
Other awards will be announced on the Trillium Chase page on the ROWONTARIO website.