RCA Coach Weekend #2Starts29Feb ’20
Event Dates Feb 29 - Mar 01, 2020
Start Time 08:00 AM
Host Kingston Rowing Club
Venue Leahurst College
Address 109-4 Cataraqui St.
Location Kingston, Ont.
RCA Coach Weekend #2
In the RCA Coach stream, coaches are guided through course curriculum and practical exercises focused on coaching athletes in a competitive context. RCA Coach is appropriate for coaches working with athletes in the Train to Train and Learn to Compete stage of the Athlete Development Pathway.
The knowledge, skills, experience, behaviour and attitude of an RCA Coach directly contribute to the athletes’:
- Skill acquisition and development / proper rowing technique
- Preparation and readiness for competition
- Level of enjoyment
- Level of confidence
- Identification with the sport of rowing and loyalty to the sport in the long-term
Getting athletes off on the right foot by guiding them through stage-by-stage progressions in technical, tactical, psychological, physical and lifestyle skills is critical to their long-term participation in the sport, whether they be junior, young adult, or masters-aged rowers.
RCA Coach Weekend #2 includes classroom curriculum facilitated by a trained NCCP Learning Facilitator, as well as practical experience in the following modules:
- Analyze Performance – Technique
- Support the Athlete in Training – Teaching and Learning
- Analyze Performance – Equipment and Rigging
- Analyze Performance – Testing and Monitoring Athlete Performance
- Design a Sport Program
- Strength Training and the Movement Screen
- Analyze Race Performance
- Support the Competitive Experience
Upon completion of RCA Weekend #2, coaches will be considered “Trained”. After applying the concepts learned, coaches are will complete their coach portfolio and be observed by a trained NCCP Coach Evaluator to become “Certified”.
- RCA Weekend #1 (including its prerequisites)
- Actively coach after completing RCA Weekend #1 before registering for RCA Weekend #2 (RCA recommends 6 months of active coaching between workshops)
- Upload your Weekend #1 Assignment to your Coach Education Database profile
Kate Gorsline & Brad Brennan
Feb. 29-Mar. 1. Approximately 8am-6pm each day.
Cost: $150 + HST
Course registration closes at 2:00 pm on Monday, Feb. 24
For more information, please contact Sport Development Manager, Andrea Miller (email@example.com) or telephone the office at 416-759-8405.
Receive 60% of your course fee OR 70% for workshop and evaluation fee back through Quest for Gold! CLICK HERE to apply for a Coach Bursary.