Announcing the 2019 ROWONTARIO Provincial Teams
ROWONTARIO is pleased to announce the 16 athletes that will make up our 2019 Provincial Teams for both U17 and U19 athletes. The Provincial Team program is designed to identify both U19 and U17 athletes that show speed and skill in the single. The selected athletes below will race the 1X at the National Rowing Championships (NRC) and will come together to race the 4X at the Canada Cup Regatta (CCR) that follows.
Athletes were invited to join the RO U19/U17 team based upon their finish in the Men’s or Women’s 1X races at the 2019 ROWONTARIO Championship Regatta in London. The following athletes have accepted the invitation and have been named to the 2019 U9 and U17 teams.
- John-Wesley Appleton (Don Rowing Club)
- Kyle Nummi (Don Rowing Club)
- Kai Bartel (St. Catharines Rowing Club)
- Francis Shein (Argonaut Rowing Club)
- Mary Law (Argonaut Rowing Club)
- Abbey Maillet (Leander Boat Club)
- Emma Seawright (Don Rowing Club)
- Rachel Weber (Ottawa Rowing Club)
- George Martinson (St. Catharines Rowing Club)
- Christian Goff (Don Rowing Club)
- Liam Benner (St. Catharines Rowing Club)
- Mathieu Hansen (Argonaut Rowing Club)
- Ellie Tenyenhuis (Guelph Rowing Club)
- Kristina Harris (Guelph Rowing Club)
- Meredith Hilmayer (St. Catharines Rowing Club)
- Grace Weaver (St. Catharines Rowing Club)
ROWONTARIO’s High Performance Manager, Chris Marshall is looking forward to supporting this group of athletes and see’s great potential in the athlete’s named to the team:
“I am very excited to see this group of talented athletes come forward and build upon the success of last year’s programs. The NRC’s and CCR’s represent the next logical step for these athletes and is a tremendous opportunity to showcase their talent’s and to measure themselves against the very best that Canada has to offer in Burnaby” – Chris Marshall, High Performance Manager, ROWONTARIO.
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding athletes on their efforts and a job well done!
Latest HeadlinesAll News
- Jan 31