Call for Expressions of Interest – Row Ontario Sanctions Officer
Row Ontario is seeking expressions of interest to fill the Sanctions Officer position.
The Sanctions Officer serves as Chair of the Sanctions Committee, whose mandate is to provide an effective event sanctioning service to member clubs and associations that is timely, adheres to the RCA Rules of Racing and Sanction policy, and offers support to members to enhance the safety and fairness of regattas held in Ontario. The Sanctions Officer provides leadership to the Sanctions Committee, ensures the integrity of the Committee’s processes, and represents the Committee to outside parties.
The Row Ontario Sanctions Committee meets at least twice a year, with most committee business being conducted via email and conference call.
- Chair meetings of the Row Ontario Sanctions Committee.
- Review all sanction applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Review and compile feedback from other members of the Sanctions Committee who have also reviewed each Sanction Application.
- Review with Organizing Committees, as required, the feedback from the Sanctions Committee, and work to address any concerns, feedback, or deficiencies in the Sanction Application.
- Once satisfied that a regatta/event has met the required criteria, sanction the regatta/event on behalf of Row Ontario.
- For national regattas, liaise with the RCA Safety and Events Committee to approve the Sanction Application.
- Act as a resource for established or new Organizing Committees as they work through the Sanctions Process.
- Work with the Row Ontario Sanctions Committee annually to review the internal process for reviewing Sanction Applications, and work to identify ways to streamline the process for the Committee and for those applying for sanctions.
- As required, attend and participate in meetings called by the RCA Safety and Events Committee to discuss standards for sanctioning across the country.
This is an ideal opportunity for a member of the Ontario rowing community who has experience as a Regatta Chair and/or Chief Umpire at a variety of regattas.
The ideal candidate will possess an in-depth knowledge of the RCA Rules of Racing and an understanding of how they are applied at regattas of various size, level of competition and geographic location. Collaboration with fellow committee members is a must, as well as strong oral and written communication. The ideal candidate must be available to review sanction feedback and share it with Organizing Committee in a timely fashion (within 48 hours of submission).
The position reports to the Row Ontario the Row Ontario CEO.
The individual should be available to hold the role for a two (2) year term.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by January 9, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Row Ontario Sanctions Officer Expression of Interest” in the subject line. Please include details of your involvement in rowing, particularly as it relates to the candidate profile described above. Inquiries or questions about this position can be sent to Andrew Backer, Row Ontario CEO or Kate Savage, Row Ontario Domestic Rowing Manager.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Latest HeadlinesAll News
- Dec 7