Call for Submissions – 2020 RowOn Coaching and Training Conference
Dear Ontario Rowing Community,
Row Ontario, in partnership with AMP Rowing, is inviting Ontario-based coaches to submit session proposals for the 2020 RowOn Coaching and Training Conference, currently scheduled for November 28-29, 2020 in Toronto, ON.
The main objective of the 2020 RowOn Coaching and Training Conference is to promote applied athlete-centered coaching. Athlete-centered coaching embraces the development of both life skills and athletic skills through participation in sport. The 2020 Conference will focus on the betterment of coaches at all levels.
Row Ontario and AMP Rowing also believe the Ontario rowing coaches’ community is a wealth of untapped knowledge and experience, and that the opportunity to present at the Conference itself has potential to be an important development opportunity for Ontario-based coaches who would benefit from the experience of sharing their expertise with other coaches.
If you or someone else at your Club is doing something interesting and innovative, please consider submitting a proposal and encourage your fellow coaches to do the same!
Submissions can cover a wide variety of topics that you feel would be of interest to other coaches, with the following Conference goals in mind:
- Session topics will promote applied athlete-centered coaching (as defined above);
- Workshops will be interactive and practical in nature;
- Depending on the venue, participant numbers will be limited to maximize the opportunity for participants to interact with each other and the presenter;
- Preference will be given to new/leading edge, practical and meaningful ideas, which may or may not be rowing-specific (e.g., transferable experience from other sports or applicable academic research).
REVIEW AND SELECTION
All session submissions will be acknowledged upon receipt and are due by July 30th, 2020. Submissions will be reviewed and selected by representatives from Row Ontario and AMP Rowing.
An official letter of acceptance/non-acceptance will be sent to each submitter by August 15th, 2020.
The number of submissions accepted will depend on the overall structure of the conference, which has yet to be determined.
Selected presenters will have their Conference registration fee for the full 2020 RowOn Coaching and Training Conference paid for, as well as receive a travel subsidy.
Conference sessions will be 60-90 minutes in duration. Audio-visual equipment is available upon request. Please include any special requirements, including room size and layout, in your submission. Presenters may be requested to adapt their presentation based on the venue’s capabilities, but effort will be made to accommodate requests.
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Name of presenter(s) and a copy of each presenter’s resume/curriculum vitae and NCCP transcript
- Note: Presenters are required to be compliant with Row Ontario’s Coach Certification Policy.
- Working title of session
- Brief summary or abstract
- In no more than 300 words, summarize your session for the selection committee.
- Target audience
- Please indicate the level(s) of experience to which your presentation is best suited.
- Learning objectives
- Please phrase learning objectives from the participant’s perspective, describing what the participant will be able to do at the end of your session.
- Organization and method of presentation
- Briefly outline how you plan to present your session (e.g. role play in small groups, hands on work with rigging tools, etc.), including any specific requests related to room size/layout, audio-visual equipment, and allotted time.
- Name and contact information of two relevant references who can speak to your suitability to present this topic at the 2020 RowOn Coaching and Training Conference
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please email your submissions in a single .pdf document to Andrea Miller, Row Ontario Sport Development Manager, with the subject line “RowOn Conference Submission”.
Questions can be directed to Andrea Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Yours in rowing,
Row Ontario & AMP Rowing
Latest HeadlinesAll News
- Jul 15