RCA Coach Weekend #1Starts18Jan ’20
Event Dates Jan 18 - Jan 19, 2020
Start Time 08:00 AM
Host Georgian Bay Rowing Club
Venue Georgian Bay Rowing Club
Address North Simcoe Sports & Recreation Centre 527 Len Self Blvd, Midland ON L4R 5N6 (Hall of Fame Room)
Location Midland, Ont.
RCA Coach Weekend #1:
In the RCA Coach context, coaches are guided through course curriculum and practical exercises focused on coaching athletes in a competitive context. RCA Coach is appropriate for coaches working with athletes in the Train to Train and Learn to Compete stage of the Athlete Development Pathway.
The knowledge, skills, experience, behaviour and attitude of an RCA Coach directly contribute to the athletes’:
- Skill acquisition and development / proper rowing technique
- Preparation and readiness for competition
- Level of enjoyment
- Level of confidence
- Identification with the sport of rowing and loyalty to the sport in the long-term
Getting athletes off on the right foot by guiding them through stage-by-stage progressions in technical, tactical, psychological, physical and lifestyle skills is critical to their long-term participation in the sport, whether they be junior, young adult, or masters-aged rowers.
RCA Coach Weekend #1 includes classroom curriculum facilitated by a trained NCCP Learning Facilitator, as well as practical experience in the following modules:
- Making Ethical Decisions (Review)
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Analyze Performance – Technique
- Analyze Performance – Rigging
- Design a Sport Program – Categories of Intensity
- Movement Screen
- Support Athletes in Training
- Support the Competitive Experience – Rules of Racing and LTAD
Upon completion of RCA Weekend #1 (including prerequisites), coaches will be considered “In Training”. After applying the concepts learned in Weekend #1 by actively coaching for a recommended six months, coaches will complete RCA Weekend #2 to achieve “Trained” status in preparation for evaluation and certification as an RCA Coach.
- Create an account and register with RCA as a coach
- Register in The Locker
- Complete the RCA e-learning module “Rowing Essentials”*
- Complete the NCCP Making Ethical Decisions workshop, including the Evaluation*
- Complete the NCCP “Coaching Initiation in Sport” eLearning module*
*Available in the eLearning tab in your Locker profile.
Paul Beedling & Iain Wilson
Jan. 18-19. Approximately 8am-6pm each day.
Cost: $150 + HST
Course registration closes at 2:00 pm on Monday January 13th.
For more information, please contact Sport Development Manager, Andrea Miller (email@example.com) or telephone the office at 416-759-8405,
Receive 60% of your course fee OR 70% for workshop and evaluation fee back through Quest for Gold! CLICK HERE to apply for a Coach Bursary