Row Ontario Releases Quest for Gold – OAAP Criteria
Row Ontario released the athlete selection criteria for the Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance program on Wednesday, March 11.
The specific objectives of the Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program are as follows:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athlete access to improved high-performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
To review the selection criteria, please visit the below link:
Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program 2019-2020 (OAAP) is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries (MHSTCI), and operated through the Sport, Recreation & Community Programs Division. The overarching goal of the Quest for Gold – OAAP is directly related to the High Performance Sport goal of the Canadian Sport Policy – that Canadians are systematically achieving world-class results at the highest levels of international competition – by improving the performance and number of Ontario athletes performing at the national and international level, thereby contributing to the improved performance of Canada at international competitions.
Any questions regarding the criteria should be directed to Row Ontario High Performance Director Chris Marshall.